I am never one for doing things “by the books”. I like adding little flairs to recipes and breaking the rules. That is how I came up with this totally gluten free nut free pumpkin surprise cheesecake. These are so easy to make and perfect for Fall. Low mess in the kitchen and you do NOT need to be a pro in the kitchen at all to master these.
Sometimes I make mistakes in the kitchen which then creates new gluten free recipes. With this one I decided to try something new. One of the biggest rules in cheesecake is ensuring your cream cheese is room temp so you can make it extra smooth. In fact, some recipes even call for rewhipped cream cheese to ensure it is extra fluffy and smooth. Well, yes that is important if you want a traditional cheesecake but what happens when you break the rules a little? I had to find out and that is how I came up with this gluten free and nut free recipe.
By not mixing your cream cheese fully until all clumps disappear, you end up with a mixture that looks slightly clumpy. When you go to bake your cheesecake, it bakes just like a normal one would but those little clumps get extra creamy. This then makes every bite a surprise. Some bites you taste more pumpkin and some bites more of a traditional cheesecake. You can switch out the crust for any other recipe as well.
- 1 ½ cups Gluten-fee graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 tbsp melted butter
- 2- 8oz packages of cream cheese softened
- 2 eggs
- 15oz can of pumpkin pure
- 2 tbsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Line 24 muffin pan with liners.
- In a bowl add graham cracker crumbs, ¼ cup of the sugar and all the butter and mix until well incorporated.
- Scoop even amount into each liner (I like using a mini ice-cream scooper for accuracy)
- Bake crust for 5 minutes and let cool.
- Mix with hand mixer the cream cheese, eggs and remaining sugar (¾ cup) until still slightly chunky.
- Add in the pumpkin and cinnamon and mix until well incorporated.
- Fill liners with cheesecake filling leaving a small amount of room.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes rotating ½ way through.
- Remove from oven and place in refrigerator overnight.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream and a sprinkle of fresh cracked cinnamon or eat as is.
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.