Who doesn’t appreciate some good ribs every now and then? This is my gluten-free, grain-free version of a classic family recipe. Watch out—these won’t last long! Try these with a really nice side dish for a perfect summer dish!
2 tbsp coconut oil
1-2 lbs beef ribs (6-8 pieces)
1 tsp salt
½ tsp ground black pepper
½ c coconut flour
1 tbsp olive oil
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, chopped
1 c good red wine or GF beer
1 c beef stock
2 c mushrooms
2 strips cooked bacon
1. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper, then sauté.
2. Dredge in coconut flour until coated.
3. Put in pan and brown. Remove.
4. Heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet on medium-high heat.
5. Add the onion and garlic to the skillet. Cook and stir until onion is tender, about 5 mins. Add mushrooms.
6. Return the ribs to the skillet and pour in the wine or beer. Stir, scraping the bottom of the pan, until all of the browned bits have mixed in with the liquid. Pour in the beef stock, add 2 strips cooked bacon, cover and simmer over low heat until very tender, about 2 hrs. Remove bacon before serving.
Miranda Jade Turbin
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.