Bake the potato in the microwave to save time. You can use any mild white fish instead of cod.
1 large russet potato, baked and peeled
4 strips bacon, chopped
4 scallions (white parts), chopped
1 pound cooked cod, flaked
1 egg, beaten
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups crushed REAL GOOD Gluten-Free Corn Chex
3 tablespoons coconut oil
1. Mash the potato in a large bowl.
2. In a small skillet, cook the bacon and scallions until the meat is crisp, about 5 minutes.
3. Add the bacon and scallions to the bowl. Mix in the cod, egg, salt and pepper.
4. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
5. Put the Corn Chex crumbs in a shallow bowl. Form the cod mixture into 6 three-inch round patties. Press all sides of them into the crumbs.
6. Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-high heat.
7. Fry the cakes for 1 to 2 minutes a side.
8. Serve with tartar sauce or mayonnaise. Gluten-free of course!
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.