(serves 8 )
What a delicious way to treat yourself to the amazing health benefits of Omega-3 oils!
Make some gluten-free vegetable latkes as a perfect compliment to this dish.
8 6-oz. salmon fillets
1 lemon, cut into wedges
4 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp. nutmeg
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
2 tbsp garlic powder
¾ tsp salt
1 tbsp. onion powder
1/8 tsp. black pepper
¼ c gluten-free soy sauce
¼ to ½ c grade-B maple syrup
1. Rinse and dry salmon fillets. Rub each with lemon wedge. Brush 2 tsp oil on flesh side of salmon (to help seasoning adhere).
2. In bowl, mix nutmeg, cinnamon, garlic powder, salt, onion powder and black pepper. Sprinkle each filet with spice mix. Let sit covered in fridge for 1 hour.
3. Heat skillet and coat bottom with 2 tsp oil.
4. When oil is hot, place salmon in skillet, flesh side down, and cook over high heat for about 4 minutes or until brown. Turn over and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
5. In saucepan, mix together soy sauce and maple syrup over medium heat until sauce is thick enough to coast the back of a spoon (about 7 to 10 minutes).
6. Drizzle sauce over salmon fillets and serve.
Miranda Jade Turbin
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.