Husband’s Gluten-Free Delight -January 2010 winning recipe
This recipe is satisfying, filling and loaded with protein. It does have cheese and we did not yet try this with a substitute for the cheese yet I am sure it can be done. Enjoy!
1 pkg brown rice penne pasta
1 ½ lbs ground beef
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes or Rotel
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon white sugar
1 ½ cups sour cream
3 ounces cream cheese
½ onion, chopped
1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Add pasta and cook until just under done. The pasta will continue to cook in the oven.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, brown the ground beef.
- Add the tomatoes with juice or Rotel, salt and sugar and simmer for 15 minutes.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine the sour cream, cream cheese and onion and mix well. In a 9×13 inch baking dish, place half of the penne pasta in the dish, then all of the meat mixture, then the cream mixture. Top with remaining pasta and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
Recipe contributed by Julianne Karow- January 2010 recipe contest winner!
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.