One double gluten-free pie crust
5 cups fresh wild blueberries
¾ cup maple sugar
¼ cup rice flour
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon rice milk, or egg yolk for brushing
1 tablespoon sugar, for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix blueberries, maple sugar, flour, lemon juice, lemon zest and salt together until combined. Set aside.
3. Roll out pie crust into two 9 or 10-inch circles, according to your own instructions. Press bottom crust into pie pan.
4. Pour filling into prepared crust. Cover filling with top pie crust and crimp edges together. Slit top crust in a few places for steam to vent.
5. Brush pie crust with rice milk or egg yolk and sprinkle with sugar.
6. Chill pie in the freezer for about 30 minutes before baking.
7. Bake pie in preheated oven for about 60 minutes.
8. Pie is done when hot blueberry filling is thick and begins to ooze through those little holes.
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.