What a delicious springtime treat! This recipe comes from Laura Waldo, author of the blog, Living Gluten and Grain Free (http://ourplacelivingglutenfree.blogspot.com). Make some extra strawberry filling and serve it as a parfait, topped with whipped cream and some fresh strawberry slices, in stylish glasses.
Serve it for dessert after having this amazing recipe! Flank Steak with Chimichurri sauce
2 c fresh organic strawberries, tops removed, sliced
1 c raw cashews
2 tbsp gluten-free vanilla extract
½ c raw honey
1 pinch sea salt
1 c coconut oil, melted
1. Place all ingredients into a blender in the order listed and blend until smooth and creamy (approximately 3 mins).
2. Carefully pour into your favorite cooked pie crust and refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
Laura’s Favorite Grain-Free Crust
Laura’s favorite grain-free crust was developed by Dr. Bruce Fife. She says this fast and easy pie crust doesn’t require a mixer or food processor and makes a perfect 9-inch pie shell.
½ c sifted coconut flour
½ c almond flour
½ teaspoon raw honey (optional)
¼ c butter, melted
¼ tsp sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the eggs.
3. Add all other ingredients and mix until well-incorporated.
4. Using your hands, press dough into a 9-inch pie plate forming a crust.
5. Pierce pie shell all over with a fork, or use pie weights if desired.
6. Bake 15 mins, until the edges start to brown.
7. Remove from oven and cool.
Thanks again to Laura Waldo, author of the blog,
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.