This is an adaptation of my friend’s chocolate mint recipe. To this date I have yet to find GF choc mint morsels, so this recipe handles this problem just fine. Be sure and read your ingredients and watch out for barley malt in your ingredients list.
18 – 20 ounces GF chocolate morsels
14 ounce can Eagle sweetened condensed milk
1/4tsp peppermint extract
1 dash of salt
1 ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
½ cup chopped nuts, optional
Peppermint candy chopped up, optional
- Melt chips over low heat.
- Pour in milk and mix.
- Remove and stir in vanilla and nuts/peppermint ( optional).
- Pour into a wax paper lined 8×8 inch pan or 8-10 inch Pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle chopped up peppermint pieces on top evenly.
- Refrigerate 2 hours and cut up!
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.