This recipe is truly delicious and a graham cracker replacement.
You can cut them big enough for s’mores (the typical graham cracker shape and size), crumble them for pie crust, or cut little shapes, like that “other” brand.
2 ¼ cups Cooqi Basic Gluten-Free Baking Mix (you may use other Basic GF mixes)
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup maple sugar
7 TBL cold butter
3 tbsp. agave
1 tsp. vanilla
¼ cup cold water (more if needed)
1. Mix all dry ingredients and sugar in a bowl.
2. Mix in the butter until the mixture becomes crumbly.
3. Add the agave and vanilla and mix in, blending in the water a little at a time, until the mixture becomes sticky and able to be formed into a ball.
4. Make crackers by placing about ½ of the dough ball between two sheets of wax paper.
5. Roll the dough out to approximately ¼ inch thickness. It is helpful to chill or freeze the rolled-out dough at this point, in order to make it easier to remove from the cookie sheet.
6. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
7. Cut into desired shapes.
8. Place the cut dough on a lightly oiled cookie sheet.
9. Prick each cracker with a fork, one or two times.
10. Bake for 8 minutes.
11. Turn the cookie sheet around, and bake about 5 more minutes, or until the crackers appear slightly brown (if you are making smaller crackers, it may take less time).
12. Move to a wire rack to cool. The crackers should become crunchy as they cool.
13. Eat and enjoy!
RECOMMENDATION: Store in an airtight container.
NOTE: If they become soft, simply place them back in the oven for a few minutes to crisp again or eat soft if you prefer.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.