From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.
Here is a simple nut crust recipe which I alter a bit to suit the purpose at hand.
This is my basic-basic recipe. I use almond, hazelnut, walnut, pecans – you name it. I use one type of flour or a mixture of nut flours. It is all up to your own taste.
I love nut flour crust with my quiches!
2 – 2-1/4 cups finely ground nuts (even easier if nut flour)
6 TB butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup sweetener (date sugar, agave, sugar, etc.)
1. Mix all ingredients and press into a pie dish.
2. Pinch edges to make it look really delicate.
3. Prick the bottom with a fork a couple fo times to allow air to escape.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes for a quiche – do not let overbrown.
5. Let cool.
6. Make your quiche, or fill with apple pie filling or whatever you like.