Here is a simple nut crust recipe which I alter a bit to suit the purpose at hand.
This is my basic-basic recipe. I use almond, hazelnut, walnut, pecans – you name it. I use one type of flour or a mixture of nut flours. It is all up to your own taste.
I love nut flour crust with my quiches!
2 – 2-1/4 cups finely ground nuts (even easier if nut flour)
6 TB butter or coconut oil
1/4 cup sweetener (date sugar, agave, sugar, etc.)
1. Mix all ingredients and press into a pie dish.
2. Pinch edges to make it look really delicate.
3. Prick the bottom with a fork a couple fo times to allow air to escape.
4. Bake at 325 degrees for about 20 minutes for a quiche – do not let overbrown.
5. Let cool.
6. Make your quiche, or fill with apple pie filling or whatever you like.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.