¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons salt
4 cups water
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
¼ cup rice flour
1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
1 ½ tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brandy (optional but good)
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1. Dissolve salt and water in a large bowl or zip-top bag. Add chicken and soak for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Remove chicken, rinse with water and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Pour flour onto a plate and dredge each breast, patting to lightly coat.
3. Melt the oils over medium heat in a heavy 12-inch skillet. Heat up oil. Lay chicken in pan and cook, undisturbed, until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook on second side, undisturbed, until juices begin to clot around pieces, 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm in oven.
4. Add broth to skillet, scraping to release brown bits. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, 8-10 minutes.
5. Add cherries and vinegar; boil until thickened, 8-10 minutes.
6. Stir in (brandy) and chocolate until melted. Spoon over chicken and serve.
OH my gosh, YUMMY!
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.