Grass Fed Steak Bites with a Twist
- 1 PRE Sirloin, room temperature
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup honey
- 12 mini mozzarella balls
- 12 small basil leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 12 toothpicks
- Preheat cast iron skillet to medium high.
- Pat steak dry.
- Season with salt and oil.
- Sear sirloin in pan for 4 minutes on each side for medium rare.
- Rest for 5 minutes.
- In small sauce pan, reduce balsamic by half.
- Stir in the honey until fully combined.
- Remove from heat.
- Cut steak into 12 half-inch cubes.
- Let marinate in balsamic while you assemble the other toothpicks.
- Assemble: mozzarella, basil, tomato, marinated steak.
- Drizzle skewers with some of the balsamic dressing.