This is a great gluten-free recipe for kids, but an adult-pleaser too!
½ c coconut flour or rice flour
½ tsp salt
12 grinds fresh black pepper
¾ c sweetened shredded coconut ( With extra coconut you can make some yummy gluten-free coconut macaroons for desert.)
1 tbsp grape seed oil
1 2/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into 1-inch strips
1/3 c extra-virgin coconut oil, butter, or margarine, melted
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Mix flour, salt, and pepper together in a medium bowl.
3. Put both shredded coconuts in a bowl.
4. Lightly beat an egg with the tbsp of oil.
5. Dip chicken pieces in flour to coat evenly. Dip chicken into egg mixture and then coat with coconut mixture.
6. Place chicken in a shallow baking pan. Drizzle with melted coconut oil, butter, or margarine.
7. Bake 15 to 20 minutes in preheated oven or until chicken is browned and cooked through, turning once.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.