Looking for a spicy, unforgettable way to cook lamb chops? Look no further! And for desert make something to put this delicious gluten-free chocolate frosting on!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp Garlic-Ginger Paste (see below)
2 ½ tbsp Curry Spice (see below)
1 tsp salt
1 c plain low-fat dairy-free yogurt substitute
¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
8 lamb chops, preferably loin or rib, about 6 oz. each, fat trimmed
1. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add Garlic-Ginger Paste and cook for 1 minute. Add Curry Spice and salt and cook for another minute.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in dairy-free yogurt and cilantro. Add lamb chops, spreading yogurt mixture to coat all sides. Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 8-12 hours.
3. Fire up a charcoal grill or heat a stovetop grill over medium-high heat. If broiling, heat broiler to 450 degrees, placing rack 3-4 inches from heat.
4. Remove chops from marinade. Grill or broil, basting often with marinade, 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, adding 2-3 minutes each side medium-done.
1 head garlic, gloves separated and peeled
1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
A touch of water and lemon juice
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Scoop into plastic snack bags to store, or freeze in ice-cube trays in handy tbsp-sized portions.
3 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp ground GF cumin
1 tbsp GF garam masala
1 tbsp ground GF turmeric
1//4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix all spices together, adjusting the amounts to get the right flavor and heat you’re looking for.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.