Looking for a spicy, unforgettable way to cook lamb chops? Look no further! And for desert make something to put this delicious gluten-free chocolate frosting on!
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp Garlic-Ginger Paste (see below)
2 ½ tbsp Curry Spice (see below)
1 tsp salt
1 c plain low-fat dairy-free yogurt substitute
¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
8 lamb chops, preferably loin or rib, about 6 oz. each, fat trimmed
1. Heat oil in a small skillet over medium heat. Add Garlic-Ginger Paste and cook for 1 minute. Add Curry Spice and salt and cook for another minute.
2. Transfer to a large bowl and stir in dairy-free yogurt and cilantro. Add lamb chops, spreading yogurt mixture to coat all sides. Refrigerate at least 4 hours and up to 8-12 hours.
3. Fire up a charcoal grill or heat a stovetop grill over medium-high heat. If broiling, heat broiler to 450 degrees, placing rack 3-4 inches from heat.
4. Remove chops from marinade. Grill or broil, basting often with marinade, 4-5 minutes on each side for medium-rare, adding 2-3 minutes each side medium-done.
1 head garlic, gloves separated and peeled
1 2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
A touch of water and lemon juice
1. Blend all ingredients in a food processor until smooth.
2. Scoop into plastic snack bags to store, or freeze in ice-cube trays in handy tbsp-sized portions.
3 tbsp ground coriander
2 tbsp ground GF cumin
1 tbsp GF garam masala
1 tbsp ground GF turmeric
1//4-1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
Mix all spices together, adjusting the amounts to get the right flavor and heat you’re looking for.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.