1 cup almond butter (chunky, raw)
1 ¼ cup pumpkin puree
2 eggs plus one yolk
1/3 cup of date syrup
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Tablespoon cinnamon (use 1 teaspoon if you wish)
1 cup carob chips (substitute: semi-sweet chocolate chips)
- Mix almond butter and pumpkin together until smooth.
- Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix.
- Pour into a GREASED (coconut oil) 8×8 brownie pan (I used 9×9 and even that made the brownies thick enough, read: hard to cook all the way through).
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes. The middle should be set, so just check it with a toothpick. I had to keep mine in for almost 45 minutes until the middle was cooked.
- Cool all the way down or even refrigerate…I stuck mine in the freezer…Yum!
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.