Someone near and dear to my heart sent me this recipe, and I just HAD to share it with you! Thank you Sofi Gil. I know you learned this in your cooking school while in Los Angeles. Thanks for sharing it.
2-4 filets of sole (or other lean fish)
¼ cup shallots, chopped
1-2 tbsp cilantro, finely chopped
¼ cup white wine
¼ cup water
1-2 oz. ginger-lime butter (see recipe below)
DIRECTIONS ( for main dish)
1. Sprinkle the shallots over the bottom of a sauté pan. Add the wine and water. Add the filets and season with salt and pepper.
2. Cover the pan with foil or parchment paper. Place pan on high heat until the piqued comes to a simmer. Immediately lower the heat, maintaining a simmer and poach the fish for 2-5 minutes, or until the fish is done.
3. When the fish is cooked, remove from the pan and keep the fish warm.
4. Bring the liquid in the pan to a boil and reduce until it is syrupy and 1-2 tbsp remains in the pan.
5. Remove the pan from the heat and whisk the butter into the liquid. Add chopped cilantro. Adjust seasonings, pour sauce over fish and serve. Garnish with cilantro.
4 tbsp butter, unsalted and room temperature
2 tbsp (1 lime) of lime zest, grated
1 tsp ginger, grated
½ tsp salt
pepper, to taste
DIRECTIONS ( for butter)
Combine all the ingredients and stir until smooth. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour (optional).
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.