When my 3 kids were still at home after out move to Florida and I was working intently on my first draft of Show Biz Kids Guidebook, I needed some help at home. A lovely lady named Soheila came to help me cook one day a week. I finished the book and she eventually left yet not without sharing some of her very simple and quick to make dishes. Here is a quick and tasty dish served over rice, in flour or corn tortillas (with or without grated cheese) or all alone for a little protein to keep you rolling along. Great for little nibbles during the day too.
Quantities are really to taste.
I load up with the chopped garlic, as I LOVE garlic, for example
3-4 chicken breasts or good sized Flank steak
½ can tomato sauce
3 tablespoons tomato paste
Cumin this is the key ingredient to the dish
- Boil chicken breasts for 45 minutes.
- Boil beef for 2 hours.
- Shred the chicken.
- Pour oil in pan and add, garlic, cilantro and pepper and sauté for 5-6 minutes.
- Add lots of salt and cumin and tomato sauce and paste, and cook for another 15 minutes.
- Mix the sauce together with meat of your choice.
- Serve your own way or my suggestions above.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.