Some people say that nothing beats a REAL brownie.
Well try these !
Makes 16 brownies
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or non-dairy margarine
5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup gluten-free flour mix
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper and grease the parchment.
- Melt butter and chocolates in the top of a double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in coca powder and let cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thoroughly blended. Whisk in warm chocolate mixture. Then stir in flour mix and xanthan gum until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Pour last half of batter over the chips, covering completely.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven or until a toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Set pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle. Run a knife between walls of the pan and baked brownie and invert onto a flat surface to release. Peel off parchment and place brownies on a rack to cool completely. Use a sharp knife to cut the bars, wiping the knife clean between cuts.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.