Some people say that nothing beats a REAL brownie.
Well try these !
Makes 16 brownies
½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter or non-dairy margarine
5 ounces semi-sweet chocolate
2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
3 large eggs
1 ¼ cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
½ teaspoon salt
1 cup gluten-free flour mix
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips and/or nuts optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan. Line bottom with parchment paper and grease the parchment.
- Melt butter and chocolates in the top of a double boiler, stirring occasionally until smooth. Remove from heat. Whisk in coca powder and let cool slightly.
- In medium bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt until thoroughly blended. Whisk in warm chocolate mixture. Then stir in flour mix and xanthan gum until just combined.
- Pour half the batter into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle chocolate chips evenly over the top.
- Pour last half of batter over the chips, covering completely.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven or until a toothpick comes out clean with a few crumbs clinging to it.
- Set pan on a wire rack until cool enough to handle. Run a knife between walls of the pan and baked brownie and invert onto a flat surface to release. Peel off parchment and place brownies on a rack to cool completely. Use a sharp knife to cut the bars, wiping the knife clean between cuts.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.