Made with “good-fat” almonds, antioxidant-rich cacao, and fiber-rich
Medjool dates. Enjoy as a snack or treat. Pack up for kids! They can be kept for at least 2 weeks refrigerated.
Prep tip: Keep this batter from sticking to your hands by coating them with a little coconut oil or water.
Fun and easy to make.
1 cup raw almond meal
½ cup raw cacao powder
1/8 teaspoon sea salt
½ cup packed, pitted Medjool dates, roughly chopped
2 tablespoons agave
¼ cup raw walnuts, peanuts or pecans, crushed
1. Place almond meal, cacao powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
2. Add dates and agave and mix well.
3. Add crushed walnuts and mix.
4. Line a loaf or square pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap.
5. Press mixture into bottom of pan and press on top.
6. Enjoy immediately, or chill for a firmer texture.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.