These are to die for! They are a wonderful result of trial and error but this one does it!
Makes approx. 30 brownies
2 ¼ cups gluten free baking mix for brownies
1 cup maple sugar
1 tablespoon plus ½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon xanthan gum
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup coconut oil
1 cup applesauce or apple/raspberry sauce
¼ cup vanilla
1 cup warm water
2 cups gluten-free chocolate chips, optional but yummy
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
2. Oil your muffin trays.
3. Whisk together gluten-free flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and salt.
4. Now add coconut oil, applesauce, vanilla and warm water, stirring until the batter is smooth.
5. Fold in chocolate chips (optional).
6. Fill muffin cups ¾ full.
7. Bake for 4 minutes, rotate, and continue baking.
8. Bake approximately 10-12 minutes.
9. Remove from oven when brownies are firm on the edges but soft to the touch in the center, about 5 additional minutes.
10. Test for doneness, don’t over-bake.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.