What an amazing variety of apple desserts out there! This is one of my favorite apple desserts because with their tiny size, they make a yummy snack any time of day and they are SO simple easy to make. You can mix it up by filling some with gluten-free blueberry pie mix to get ready for the 4th.
3 small apples
1/3 c sugar
1 tbsp GF flour mix
1 tbsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 GF pie crust (see my pie crusts)
1. Peel apples.
2. Cut apples into thin, small pieces.
3. In a bowl with a lid, mix apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
4. Seal and refrigerate for 12 or more hours to allow the mixture to get juicy.
5. Cut circles to fit and place in mini tart pans (about 2-inch pans), about 10 such pans.
6. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
7. Fill crusts with apple mixture.
8. Put extra crust pieces on top and add some slivered almonds if you wish, sprinkle with sugar.
If you have extra apple mix and mix, you can make “apple burritos” by rolling up the apple mixture in extra crust and sprinkling sugar on top.
10. Bake for approx. 15 – 20 minutes until golden brown.
Copyright – Tina Turbin
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.