This delicious recipe is from a dear friend of mine, a fellow food blogger. It is absolutely to-die-for. I’m so grateful she has shared it with us!
100 g butter = 3.5 oz
150 g sugar = 5.25 oz
125 yogurt = 4.3 oz
200 g rice flour = 7 oz
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a cake pan. I used a ring form, but the shape is not important.
2. Sift together the flour and the baking powder.
3. Separate the yolks from the whites. Beat the egg whites with a pinch of salt until firm, and set aside.
4. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add the yolks, the yogurt and the vanilla extract (I used vanilla flavored yogurt, but any yogurt will do fine – plain, fruit, hazelnut, whatever you like). Mix shortly and then add the flour and the egg whites (in thirds, alternating them and mixing shortly after each addition).
6. Pour the batter into a prepared cake pan and bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
7. Let it cool on a cooling rack. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, or decorate with melted chocolate.
Try spreading some Nutella on a slice, mmmmmmmmmmmm, yummy!
This recipe comes from Rebecca Subbiah RD, LDN, cPT of:
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.