¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons salt
4 cups water
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
¼ cup rice flour
1 ½ tablespoons coconut oil
1 ½ tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
1/3 cup dried cherries
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 tablespoons brandy (optional but good)
1 ounce unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1. Dissolve salt and water in a large bowl or zip-top bag. Add chicken and soak for 30 minutes in refrigerator. Remove chicken, rinse with water and pat dry.
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Pour flour onto a plate and dredge each breast, patting to lightly coat.
3. Melt the oils over medium heat in a heavy 12-inch skillet. Heat up oil. Lay chicken in pan and cook, undisturbed, until brown, about 5 minutes. Turn and cook on second side, undisturbed, until juices begin to clot around pieces, 5-7 minutes. Remove chicken and keep warm in oven.
4. Add broth to skillet, scraping to release brown bits. Boil until reduced to 1 cup, 8-10 minutes.
5. Add cherries and vinegar; boil until thickened, 8-10 minutes.
6. Stir in (brandy) and chocolate until melted. Spoon over chicken and serve.
OH my gosh, YUMMY!
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.