Need the perfect Gluten Free Easy Chocolate Frosting to top your favorite desserts? This recipe is a gluten free option that will yield a fluffy and creamy frosting, with a deep and chocolaty flavor. It is a very quick and easy recipe to whip up and enjoy! Chocolate lovers and dessert enthusiasts alike should definitely give this one a try!
Though the thought of frosting is usually accompanied by the idea of a cake or cupcake, you can always think outside the box! I tried this the other day with my Gluten-Free Crêpes #2, and it surely satisfied my chocolate craving. Being celiac or gluten sensitive does not restrict you from enjoying the things you used to enjoy, especially in today’s world with all the various options. If you are looking for a gluten-free cake recipe, you should try this frosting on top of the Flourless Chocolate Cake, served with some fresh raspberries to encapsulate a chocolaty dream!
When choosing my ingredients, I keep in mind that they always reflect the end result of my recipe. As the overall flavor on your palette is what I strive for when creating these recipes, it can be a bit of a challenge to focus on health at the same time. Though there may be an occasional splurge, I always adhere to this premise. Enjoy, and frost on!
If there are any recipes you have always wanted to try gluten-free, let me know here and I will try to come up with a healthy gluten-free option.
Gluten Free Easy Chocolate Frosting
This recipe is a gluten free option that will yield a fluffy and creamy frosting, with a deep and chocolaty flavor. It is a very quick and easy recipe to whip up and enjoy!
1 can coconut cream
½ cup raw honey (may adjust according to preferred sweetness)
pinch celtic sea salt
5 teaspoons arrowroot powder
1 tablespoon water
1 cup raw paleo approved chocolate chips
1 cup coconut oil
- In a medium saucepan, heat coconut milk, honey and salt, simmer for 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine arrowroot and water to form a smooth paste.
- Pour arrowroot mixture into saucepan.
- Mix contents of saucepan with a hand blender. Whisk vigorously to combine, then bring to a boil, briefly, until shiny.
- Remove pot from heat and very gradually blend in coconut oil with a hand blended. Set aside about a cup for the filling.
- In a double broiler melt the chocolate chips and then slowly add the coconut cream mixture while blending.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Place pot in the freezer or refrigerator for 30-60 minutes, until frosting solidifies.
- Remove from the freezer or refrigerator and blend again with a hand blender, until fluffy.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.