Make these to enjoy with dinner tonight—but be careful not to fill up on them!
2 c Better Batter Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp salt
1.5 c milk, milk substitute, or water
poppy seeds, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Grease 1 or two cookie sheets or muffin top tins.
2. In an electric mixer, beat the flour, salt, 4 eggs, sugar and milk or water on high speed for 7-10 minutes. This should produce a batter with the consistency of soft butter-cream icing.
3. Working quickly, spoon this mixture by ½-cup portions onto prepared cookie sheets or muffin top tins. Wet hands and gently smooth and flatten mounds to a width of 3-4 inches and a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
(Note: If you desire a soft edge to the bun, as with store-bought buns, use a cookie sheet and place mounds so that they touch slightly when flattened. For a crisper crust on all surfaces of the bun, use a muffin top tin or do not allow buns to touch on cookie sheet.)
4. Mix together 1 egg white with a little water and the poppy seeds until well-combined. (I like a heavy amount of poppy seeds.) Brush mixture onto the dough.
5. If desired spray with cooking spray – this will improve the finished appearance and texture of the cooked bun.
6. Place in hot oven and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown and puffed.
7. Allow to cool completely before slicing.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.