1) 2 cups gluten-free flour mix
2) ¼ cup sweet rice flour
3) ¼ cup millet flour
4) ½ tsp xanthan gum
5) 2 ½ tsp baking powder
6) ¼ tsp salt
7) 6 TBL coconut oil (may need 7)
8) 2 eggs
9) 1/3 cup maple sugar or agave
10) 1 tsp cider vinegar
Filling: Any flavor of jam OR you may take 2 cups fresh fruit and 1/3 cup honey or agave and warm over stove. Feel free to lightly blend in blender if you prefer to do this first.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease your cookie sheet.
2. Mix #1-6 in one bowl.
3. In another bowl, mix sugar, eggs, maple syrup and vinegar. Add more oil only if not creamy enough.
4. Add this mixture to your flour mixture and stir.
5. Make dough and cover in clean bowl with plastic wrap. Refrigerate 1 hour.
6. Prepare filling or use your jam.
7. Roll out dough onto floured surface. You can make any shape, but kids know the all famous rectangle of the better known “Pastry Tart”.
8. Roll dough about 1/8” thick. Cut into desired shapes keeping in mind that one will go on top (same size and shape).
9. Add filling to center, leaving the edges free to “seal”.
10. Water or egg will help seal edges.
11. Press edges together. You can brush the top with egg yolk (like a pie crust) if you’d like.
12. Take a toothpick and prick holes on one side only. Place on pre-greased cookie sheet.
13. Bake 10-15 minutes.
14. Let cool a bit. Remove and eat warm – store others in a tightly sealed bag.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.