I had a blast coming up with this altered version of a recipe supplied by Just Poppin for their granola. There’s nothing like snacking on this gluten free treat during Movie Night, or leave a bowl out for the kids to enjoy when they get home from school. Check out the review I did of the company here: Just Poppin review.
3 c popped sorghum
½ c chopped walnuts
½ c shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
¼ c sesame seeds
1/3 c melted honey (orange blossom or clover)
1 tbsp maple syrup
½ tsp salt
1 ½ tbsp cinnamon
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix ingredients together, lay out on a baking sheet so that the mixture is spread evenly, and place in preheated oven for 10 mins.
3. Lower oven temperature to 300 degrees.
4. Toss mixture and evenly distribute on baking sheet again.
5. Bake another 10-12 mins. (Keep an eye on it so that it doesn’t overcook.)
(Note: You can add chopped dates or chopped figs to this recipe once it’s cooled.)
6. Store in an airtight container.
Miranda Jade Turbin
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.