This raw tostada forms the foundation of a delicious Mexican family dinner. Toss in your favorite Mexican salad ingredients—I love lettuce, tomatoes, jicama, shredded cheese, black beans, grilled chicken, and salsa—and serve!
(makes 2 large “family-style” tostada salads)
1 c Chia seed
2 c sundried tomatoes
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp Mexican spice blend (carried in most stores)
¼ c fresh cilantro, chopped
½ tsp cumin, ground
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp chipotle powder
1 c filtered water
1. Reserve 1 c sundried tomatoes and cilantro.
2. Blend everything else in a high-powered blender until smooth.
3. This mixture will be thick so you may have to use a spatula to scrape the sides of the blender and re-blend if necessary.
4. Put this blended mixture into a small-med size mixing bowl and mix in the remaining sundried tomatoes and cilantro until fully incorporated.
5. Using two more mixing bowls of the same size, line them by placing 2 Teflex dehydrator sheets inside the bowls. Spread the Chia mixture over the sheets using a rubber spatula.
6. Spread the contents up on the edges of the bowl to create a bowl shape with the mixture.
7. Dehydrate the mix for 11-20 hours and check for dryness.
8. When dry, remove tostada from bowls and very gently peel off the Teflex sheets.
9. Check underside of the shell. Flip to dry further if needed 2 hrs. max.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.