(serves 8 )
I find a lot of people making cauliflower mashed ” potatoes” these days. Another fun recipe you can make when you are craving that sort of food is mashed turnips. Although it has a very distinct taste ,unlike the cauliflower, I find it rather tasty. It is a great side dish.
7 medium turnips (3 lbs. total), washed, peeled, and quartered
½ c unflavored, unsweetened almond milk
2 tbsp. butter
2 tsp. salt
pepper to taste
1 tsp. freshly-minced parsley
1. Steam turnips in large saucepan until tender (20-25 minutes).
2. Place in mixing bowl. Mash with hand masher. Set aside.
3. Combine almond milk, butter and salt in small saucepan over high heat until liquid is reduced by half (about 5 minutes).
4. Pour liquid into mixing bowl with turnips and whip with electric mixer on lowest setting until smooth but not puréed.
5. Season with pepper. Garnish with parsley.
Miranda Jade Turbin
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.