My grandmother used to make these when I was growing up and I loved them. When switching over to being gluten-free I knew this was on the top of my list of recipes to change over to being gluten-free. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did as a kid.
¾ c GF flour mix ( or my flour mix)
¾ c soy, rice, or almond milk
½ tsp salt
1/3 c coconut oil
2 medium apples, thinly sliced
¼ c sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place 2 round layers pans, 9 by 1 ½ inches, in oven.
3. Beat eggs, flour, milk, and salt in small mixer bowl on medium speed for 1 minute.
4. Remove pans from oven. Place 1/2 of coconut oil in each pan. Rotate pans until coconut oil is melted and coats sides of pans.
5. Arrange half the apple slices in each pan. Divide batter evenly between pans. Mix sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle 2 tbsp sugar mixture over batter in each pan.
6. Bake uncovered until puffed and golden brown, 20 to 25 minutes.
Miranda Jade Turbin
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.