These gluten-free , allergen-free snacks are easy-to-make granola bars from Alana Elliott of Nonuttin’ Foods who was happy to be on Martha Stewart show on April 29th! These child friendly recipes are terrific on the go as well as loaded with fiber and taste. Please read about Alana’s gluten-free company! Be sure and use gluten-free oats and you are set to go!
Makes about 16 bars
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 3/4 cups gluten-free quick-cooking oatmeal
- 1 1/4 cups gluten-free crisp-rice cereal
- 1/2 cup mini gluten-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup lightly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- Spray an 8-by-8-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray; line baking sheet with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- Place oatmeal and rice cereal in a large bowl; stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, mix together brown sugar, oil, and honey. Place over medium-high heat; bring to a gentle boil. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Remove from heat and add to oatmeal mixture; stir until oatmeal mixture is fully coated and well combined.
- Evenly pour oatmeal mixture into prepared baking dish; sprinkle with chocolate chips. When mixture is cool enough to touch, press down into pan. Let cool to room temperature. Cut into 16 (1-by-4-inch) bars. Granola bars can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 1 week, and frozen up to six months.
Alana was happy to share her recipe with Martha Stewart on April 29th live, helping to increase awareness for Celiac disease. Watch the review video now.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.