It’s nearly March and that means spring is around the corner. With spring approaching, that means grilling season is almost here! There isn’t much that can beat the taste (and scent!) of a juicy, gluten-free, grass-fed steak cooking away! There’s really no need to wait for warm weather—marinating and cooking steak can be equally enjoyed during colder months with the use of a great cast iron pan—you’ll even add more iron to your food that way. I have been obsessed with gluten-free coffee marinated steaks—coffee is the new meat marinade as far as I’m concerned!
For robust, full-flavored steak, your marinade is key! I’ve gotten quite bored of the same old marinades and seasonings time and time again, and I often find them to be too salty or too sweet. As a gluten intolerant celiac, it can also be hard to find a good gluten-free marinade as many contain wheat. To change things up, I started to explore coffee marinades, and I got hooked (no pun intended)! Coffee is strong, rich and full-flavored. It’s comforting and it perks us up. Not surprisingly, it also pairs extremely well with comfort foods like an excellent steak! Just thinking about it makes my mouth water—I can’t get enough of the savory flavor. Keep reading to find out how you can make perfect gluten-free coffee marinated steaks for family and friends! This might become one of your favorite gluten-free recipes!Print
Ginger Marinated Steak Salad with Mandarin Cold-Brew Vinaigrette
There’s really no need to wait for warm weather—marinating and cooking steak can be equally enjoyed during colder months with the use of a great cast iron pan—you’ll even add more iron to your food that way.
- 1 – PRE Sirloin Steak, patted dry
- ½ cup tamari
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ cup Cold Brew Concentrate
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 – 1 inch piece fresh ginger, grated
- 2 limes, juiced (1/4 cup)
- ¼ cup cold brew coffee
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cups red kale, chopped
- 1 cup purple cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup green cabbage, chopped
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup shredded carrots
- 2–3 red radishes, thinly sliced
- Place all marinade ingredients into a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place steak in the marinade.
- Cover and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- While you wait, prep all the ingredients for dressing and salad.
- For dressing: place all ingredients into bowl, whisk to combine, set aside.
- Assemble all elements of salad, except almonds and radishes, in a bowl and toss.
- On stovetop, preheat a cast iron (or regular) skillet to medium-high heat.
- When skillet is hot, put marinated steak on the skillet.
- For medium rare: cook 4 minutes on each side. Flip only once. Set aside for 2-3 minutes to rest.
- Toss each salad with 2-3 tablespoons of dressing.
- Slice steak against the grain and place on top of the salad.
- Garnish with sliced almonds and radishes.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.