This recipe is delicious and has loads of protein, but does require Gluten-Free oats.
1 cup Gluten-Free oats
1 cup Gluten-Free oat bran
¼ cup rice flour
1 cup walnut pieces
1 ½ cups coarsely chopped dried figs
½ cup rice or whey protein powder
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground ginger
¼ cup honey
2 large eggs
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Coat a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with cooking spray.
2. Place the oats, cereal, flour, walnuts, figs, protein powder, cinnamon and ginger in a food processor; coarsely chop. Add the honey and eggs; pulse until well combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to the pan; spread evenly with your fingers.
4. Bake until lightly browned around the edges, about 20 minutes.
5. Cool in the pan for 15 minutes, and then cut into 16 bars.
6. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or wrap individually and freeze for up to 3 months.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.