Best served with applesauce and sour cream.
1 large parsnip, peeled and shredded
2 large russet potatoes, scrubbed and shredded
2 large carrots, peeled and shredded
3 leeks (white and light green parts only) or 1 onion, chopped
¾ cup rice flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
3 large eggs, beaten (or egg substitute)
Salt and pepper to taste
¼ – ½ cup oil
1. In a colander, rinse the parsnips and potatoes under cold water. Pat dry thoroughly with paper towels; transfer to a mixing bowl.
2. Stir in the carrots, leeks (or onion), flour, baking powder, eggs, salt and pepper.
3. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Drop in large spoonfuls of the batter, flattening each with the back of a spoon. Cook, turning once, until brown and crisp, 2 to 3 minutes a side.
5. Transfer the latkes to a paper towel-lined baking sheet in a 200 degree oven until ready to serve.
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.