Who would have ever thought that decadent desserts could be allergy-friendly and healthy, too?
½ cup white rice flour
¾ cup sorghum flour
½ cup tapioca starch
1 tbsp baking powder
1 tsp xanthan gum
½ tsp ground cinnamon, optional
1 pinch ground cloves, optional
¼ tsp salt
2 large eggs
½ cup agave nectar
1/3 cup coconut oil
½ tbsp vanilla extract
¾ cup rice, soy or almond milk
1 ½ cups (5.3 ounces) chocolate chips or chopped semisweet chocolate grated zest of 1 orange or 1 tsp dried orange zest
1 ¼ cups grated carrots
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-inch cakes pan.
2. Combine flours, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, cinnamon, cloves and salt in a large mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Add eggs, honey, coconut oil and vanilla extract. Blend well. Set aside.
4. In a medium saucepan, heat milk to just under a boil. Pour it over chocolate and stir until melted and smooth.
5. Add chocolate and egg mixture to flour mixture. Add orange zest and stire well to form a smooth batter. Stir in grated zucchini.
6. Pour batter into prepared cake pan. Bake in preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
Perfect for a dinner party or a quiet dinner for two!
From our home to yours, Miranda Jade.