Mmmm…what a delicious combination chocolate and shortbread make! This recipe was donated at the 2009 Tampa Bay Celiac Group Cookie Exchange.
½ c unsalted butter
¼ c granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla
¾ c flour mix (I use white rice, potato, and tapioca)
2 tbsp sweet rice flour (I use white)
¼ c cocoa powder
¼ tsp xanthan gum
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 c semisweet mini or regular size chocolate chips (I prefer regular size)
1. Beat butter and sugar until cream, add vanilla, mix well.
2. Add dry ingredients, stir until a soft dough is formed, add chips.
3. Shape dough into a flat square, wrap in plastic and refrigerate 30 mins.
4. Preheat oven 350 degrees. Lightly grease cookie sheet.
5. Using a think sharp knife, slice through into 5/8-in. slices and place on greased cookie sheet. Sprinkle with granulated sugar. Chill again until cold before baking.
6. Bake 8-10 mins until centers are cooked.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.