Cauliflower seems to be gaining popularity these days and has been added to so many dishes. Not only do people who are avoiding gluten enjoy it, but also so many others are hopping on the cauliflower train! As they should. Cauliflower is extremely tasty and good for you! If you aren’t a believer just yet, give this recipe a try, and get back to me!
This side is perfect to accompany so many of my other recipes. Served on the side of my Gluten Free Steak With Sage Browned Ghee, this dish’s flavors are an excellent enhancement. It is also one of my quick and easy 20 minute recipes. If steak isn’t what you are looking for, check out my other gluten-free dinner recipes, and see what jumps out to you as a main dish to accompany this side! I really do enjoy making this, and my family loves when I do, too!
It is amazing how simple this side dish is. As you know, easy, fast, and delicious recipes are my go button. This gluten-free (and of course dairy-free) recipe is packed with flavor that is so subtle, and so satisfying. This cauliflower rice saffron style will be a new staple in your home as it is delicious, nutritious, and has terrific appeal to the senses. I hope you enjoy!
Saffron Cauliflower Rice
Cauliflower seems to be gaining popularity these days and has been added to so many dishes. Not only do people who are avoiding gluten enjoy it, but also so many others are hopping on the cauliflower train!
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 3 tablespoons red palm oil
- 3 very small pinches of saffron
- Salt to taste
- Discard the hardest part of the stems and green leaves of cauliflower.
- Wash and dry it well.
- Grate the cauliflower florets and the softer part of the stem.
- Place grated cauliflower into a bowl.
- Cover with a damp towel.
- Place in microwave for 45 seconds.
- Place palm oil in skillet and heat.
- Add cauliflower and stir until heated.
- Add 2 pinches of saffron and stir to combine.
- Remove and place in a bowl.
- Add a pinch of saffron on top for looks.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin
If you have any questions or suggestions just email me at info (at) GlutenFreeHelp.info.