This gluten-free, grain-free soufflé is a must for holiday dinners. I make this as a tasty side dish several times during the winter months. You don’t even need dessert when you’re done with dinner because this satisfies your sweet tooth!
1 lrg acorn squash
4 eggs, separated
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
2 tsp butter ( or coconut oil for dairy free)
3 tsp Lakanto
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Cut and steam acorn squash pieces. Simmer until soft.
3. Let squash cool and peel off skins. This yields 3 to 3 ½ c squash.
4. Blend squash, add 2 egg yolks only, and then add cinnamon, Lakanto and butter. Add more sweetener to taste.
5. Coat inside of soufflé dish with butter or coconut oil.
6. Whip egg whites in separate bowl and fold squash mixture into whites gently ( so you don’t deflate whites).
7. Pour gently into soufflé dish.
8. Bake 20-30 mins until done.
From our home to yours, Tina Turbin.